TB3/old interfaces

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Thu Jun 15 11:30:24 CEST 2017

Hi Romain,

> I don t know if Kai or Kim tried their RME  in “stand-alone” mode.

uhm, good point! Indeed there’s no word about that in Kai’s statement.

> Therefor, did you try MOTU with its power supply plugged ???

The Traveler works with its power supply - my point is that it’s not mobile anymore without an original FireWire connection.
I still have my 2012 MBP and it’s still a fine piece of hardware so it’s not an immediate issue, since this one has FW800 on board.
But I need to check my options since it will fail at some point in the future.

--
http://mz.klingt.org