live streaming your studio...

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Fri Jan 20 13:46:26 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:18 PM, deeplfo <deeplfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I use ustream for the streaming service, which is pretty decent for
> free service, but mixlr works too, I have an account there too.  But
> basically I am bringing in the output of whatever audio interface I have
> into one of the virtual inputs within the computer and selecting that as
> the source for the stream.  For the dj mix sets it's pretty simple, where I
> use one of my Saffire pro 40 inputs, connected to the output of a separate
> Mac that has the NI Traktor and NI controllers attached to it.  So, the
> streaming services are all pretty good, the one thing you may decide on is
> whether you also want to include video or not.
>
> Happy streaming :-)

Have you ever sat down with a client and listened to the stream quality? I
feel like ustream cut off all the low end from testing last night...

I'm trying to avoid a second computer, but it might be easier. I kind of
want to be able to have a conversation with folks over the top of it all
too, but the webcam placement is annoying me...

Reorganized the whole studio over the last two days, and feeling pretty
happy with the setup.

I think I want to find another Roland A-880 or at least another MIDI
patchbay with nice strong physical buttons that doesn't require a computer
to use...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPeWOhaj6J6/?taken-by=etwoy

It's funny how lazy they make you though. I was feeling frustrated at not
having enough MIDI outputs, then realized I could go all retro and actually
*use* the MIDI Thru on monosynths and *gasp* go back to sending MIDI on
specific channels rather than whole outputs :)

Thus "o/m/m" on that setup - Octa, Mopho, MS-20.