live streaming your studio...

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Tue Jan 17 22:04:54 CET 2017

I want to live stream the audio from my studio to some friends.

Everything either runs through my RME Multiface or can be bussed to it from
the h/w mixer, and while I assumed that I'd have to run two outs from the
RME to my built in soundcard (physically or virtually) and stream the built
in soundcard output due to some ancient idea that ASIO didn't let multiple
apps use the same device at once, that doesn't seem to be a problem, and a
quick test run with mixlr.com seemed to work out.

I know there's at least a few of you doing this sort of thing, deeplfo -
you're using ustream.tv to do it aren't you?

Anything wrong with the way I've got things set up, and any opinions about
the best streaming service to do this with? Not all the friends who I'm
sending to are super technical - so anything with native clients would be
great.