Line 6 Helix - rack or floor?

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Tue Aug 15 17:48:12 CEST 2017

OK, first of all, I'm the worst guitar player in the world...

But when playing I need a pedal thing. Especially when playing in a
band... In the studio I could imagine that the rack is nicer as you
don't need to bend all the time to change parameters...

I have a Boss GT-10, and on stage It's nice that with a press of your
foot, you can add a distortion or delay. That would be harder with a
rack mount unit unless you buy some pedals, but that's the whole point
of the floor unit ...

How do these sound? I wasn't a fan of the old Line6 (was it called a
pod?) as the built quality sucked big time. All plastic feeling and
look. didn't seem like you could kill anyone with it, you can kill
several people with a GT-10 in one blow and still play the thing
afterwards... just to say that it needs to be sturdy at least for a punk
guitarist like myself. (I still play in a punk band, we started when I
was 16!! getting old, but you have no idea of what I saw on these
punk/rock festivals over time. You don't want to buy a pedal, any pedal,
from a punk guitarist)

I should shut up now and listen to the demo's of the blofeld ;-) which
don't impress much for the moment...

PS No, I've never killed or seen anyone getting killed by being hit by a
GT10, it was only a figure of speaking way to describe what I meant.

ToAd