for your listening pleasure... or not so much pleasure

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Aug 8 12:01:17 CEST 2017

I’d try something like the below…

:)

1) noise gate and compress the vocals, remove the low end, leaving room to boost the level. Perhaps add a tad of distortion. You could then give it some air again by auxing it to a reverb channel with a hi pass filter.
2) sidechain the kick to the synth bass, pad and 303. Make sure that the synth bass and 303 are not fighting frequency wise (EQ). Compress both. Remove some mid-lows from the pads.
3) on the high pitched wobbly filtered square lead synth, give a boost around 8KHz+
4) tiny bit of distortion on the snare and appropriate eq

Cheers,

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL