Moog Model D

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:52:41 CEST 2016

On May 26, 2016, at 3:19 AM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> Sounds wonderful Andrew. Just wish it did not carry so much Moog-Tax.

Yea but part of it is they wanted to keep it as original as possible. So it's giant and wood, they had to get a company to re-make specific transistors, the boards are the same (through hole) (they even left empty spaces on the board to control the old analog keyboard) so not saving money with more modern tech etc... But yes it is a luxury purchase.

> Are they going to be available after the show? There seemed to be tend suggestion that they were MoogFest only..?

Yes but no one really knows what the deal is. They told me after the initial 30 run they are doing a run for retailers and then there will be a spread of time before the next. Retailers seem to be giving the impression it will be a reg production run.

My guess Moog is seeing what demand is going to be. I have a feeling they will keep it limited in some way like the modulars. There is no artist discount on these either, though they gave one to Gary Numan.