Starting with software-based music production

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:32:52 CET 2016

> At the risk of contradicting myself, it's not just a monetary issue. I'm happy with Windows, and I'm not going to install something else. I don't want to reboot to do music, and quite frankly, Linux is still a bugger to use for productivity. Try increasing a partition in Windows, and then try the same thing in Linux. Not fun.

Sorry, but I had to do exactly this two days ago, and I found the experience completely opposite : resizing a Windows partition (FAT) was a total hassle.  Doing it in Linux with gparted, absolutely easy.  I dunno when you last did this, but .. seriously .. thats an odd one.  Its so much easier in Linux.

> I'm fighting enough with computers during my job, so I don't really want to have the same problem when at home.

Exactly why I recommend Ubuntu Studio - boot it up, everything is already installed.  All you have to do is make the connections you want to make.

> Having said that, setting up audio in Reaper on Windows is baffling me.

:P

;
--
Jay Vaughan