Starting with software-based music production

random variate randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 23:56:28 CET 2016

Yep Andrew, Reaktor Player 6 is free though, and will run in the Komplete 9 environment. So you get the to use the *free* Blocks introductory instruments, but without deep edit capability, as you say.

And yes, its a tempter to try and get us to upgrade to Komplete 10.

In balance, I think Komplete 9 is an amazing amount of sound creation toolset for the money.

I was not sold on Blocks though... I think Reaktor 6 offers me enough for now. I am in love with Lazerbass at the moment, and have started playing around with the sequenced VST instruments.

Cheers

Tim