Happy New Year

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 13:37:06 CET 2016

>> Thats a huge change for you Peter, I know that your job is very important to you - so I hope you experience a great relief and some new-found freedoms in your next position.  Good luck!
>
> It's what pays my internet connection, so that I can follow Facebook to read Declan bitching about the Irish government, Gert about conspiracy theories, Mohsen post pictures from all over the world, Dave S. pushing his anarchist agenda from the middle of nowhere (also known as 'Wales'), and you featuring some obscure new technology that nobody really cares about. ;)

:)  A worthwhile investment if ever there was one.

> This next job for me is definitely one to deal with the frustration in my current one. It'll be just Java, and not Java, and code reviews, and helpdesks, and JIRA, and Confluence, and Subversion, and Jenkins, and Artifactory, and god knows what else I'm doing. I'm very careful not to label it as an 'in between' job, because it isn't; it's definitely a step up. But I don't think I'll be staying for another 15 years.

Gotta keep those code reviews going though Peter .. they’re worth it.

> And yes, it's an entry into the online gambling/betting industry. If you work in IT, and you don't mind year-round sunshine, and you're willing to work for a wage that would be considered average in the Netherlands for a similar position: they're happy to hire you, and help you move.

.. except: Java.  Meh.

;)

(Also, I already went through interviews for a company like this here in Vienna, called GreenTube.  I realized that I really, really didn’t want to be involved in gambling - which is a huge social problem in this part of the world.  But, they sure were doing some cool things ..)

Still, I like the idea of moving to Malta.  Maybe they’ve got a new R&D division that is devoted to technology nobody really cares about?

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com