new toys, new music

moron moron at industrial.org
Wed Aug 3 19:53:14 CEST 2016

Howdy bar.  Recently picked up two EHX synth pedals:

Crash Pad:

http://www.ehx.com/products/crash-pad

This thing is pure awesome as far as live tweakability and overall
sound.  I'm triggering it using CV from my Beatstep Pro and then
messing with the decay, stop frequency and resonance for movement as
needed.  Sounds great - I returned almost immediately my Volca Beats
but this thing I will take to my grave.

Super Space Drum:

http://www.ehx.com/products/super-space-drum

My temporary one has a broken mod section (a loaner while I wait for a
new one) but the core drum sound is solid, punchy and fun.  Sounds nice
through distortion too.

I love these things, it would be so easy to build a set just around
these and a synth or two.

On a related note, my wife and I started a (surprise!) minimal synth
project:

Null Command

https://nullcommand.bandcamp.com/

Current setup:

station 1:

Arturia Beatstep Pro (controller / sequencer)
Reon Driftbox R (bass, CV)
Blue Lantern oscillator box (sporadic incidental stuff, CV)
Boss DR-660 (midi)
EHX Crash Pad (CV)
EXH Super Space Drum (CV)

station 2:

Korg Minilogue (live keys)

shared:

Alesis MetaVox

Simple, even naive sort of stuff but having tons of fun with it.  We
play a gig at the end of August so we will see then how it translates
live.

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org