ASPMA- course

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Mon Sep 28 13:32:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying (with time constraints, it's really tough) to take part, or sort of follow the ASPMA online coursera,

https://class.coursera.org/audio-002/forum (might require a login), a free course on Audio programming, especially FFT.

the course relies on Python. While they provide pretty detailed instructions, on how to install it on Ubuntu, I would like to try to use it in Mac OS X (Mavericks). But alas, it requires (so says the net) XCode, which, in turn, while free, requires Yosemite...

so my question is: "really?"

Or is there an alternative on Mavericks?

I do have that old macbook with Ubuntu.. but since I can work on exercises on trains, I'd like to have it on my "real" macbook..;)

Any help! Merci!

;)

Kai