Yamaha reface

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:34:20 CEST 2015

Not sure - It’s basically Boards of Canada effect :) It sounds like you recorded to and played back a fucked up tape machine. They also have a looper version.

This is a good demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAB28zPB0xk

I have been trying to get some outboard effects - So right now I have the LoFi routed through a Keymaster (for when I expand) and then into the Eventide H9 Max. I was not sure about getting the H9 as I liked the idea of having more of a direct interface like with the Strymon boxes - but it was hard to beat for how much you get/price. I edit it in realtime with the iPad which is cooler than I thought, I basically forget about the box and just use the iPad wirelessly. Once I get some patches together that I like I will look into setting up the unit controls how I like, should be more than enough.

Sub 37 long release sound (add some noise) -> LoFi junky -> H9 Space :0

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 10:07 AM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:
>
> Nice. The zvex looks to be a variation on the gristleizer?
>
> Sent from my phone
>
> On 12.09.2015, at 15:08, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes I've heard of those as well.
>>
>> Plan to jam this thing through this, my current favorite effect:
>> http://www.zvex.com/products/instant-lo-fi-junky
>>
>>> On Sep 12, 2015, at 4:43 AM, foRUMS 4 punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice one Andy..
>>>
>>> I was very close to ordering one as Ive fallen in love with my SammichFM and want a bit more FM..
>>>
>>> 2 days ago I decided to order the PreenFM2 kit instead of a Reface.  Maybe one day ill get a Reface also  :)
>>>
>>> Let us know what you think of it..
>>>
>>> Paul
>>> London