Five G - the most amazing synth store

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:37:36 CEST 2015

> Yes, but you may as well just buy it all off eBay and get the better shipping costs the regular sellers get :)

Yeah, its true, but then you don’t get the experience of shopping in Japan. :)

> It sounds like things were amazing even 5 years ago, but I think everyone here has realized they can just sell the meticulously kept gear overseas to an even bigger market.

When I was there in 96, it was really crazy how cheap things were .. of course this was right before the revitalization of the analog synths, so I’m kicking myself for not just buying up all the JP-8000’s I saw back then, for a few hundred bucks each .. would’ve been an interesting trip home if I’d had my way (as it is, I already bought too much stuff during that trip .. my QY700, my A3000, a CS1X, etc.)

> I saw an 808 today that was in unbelievable condition. The maintenance booklet (!!!) next to it said some of the colors had been retouched with original materials…

Love that japanese trainspotter life ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan