El Capitan

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:41:27 CEST 2015

Mostly because the upgrade cycle was way different. Most pros didn't upgrade major software for years sometimes, and there wasn't as much software to upgrade...

The new subscription/upgrade immediately situation is mostly to make the stockholders happy - constant revenue stream, and support - most people on same version.

It does have its advantages though - I can set up a rental video and animation production machine very quickly just via the internet downloading and activating.