Classical guitar renovation

Marek Szulen mszulen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:20:04 CEST 2015

Gents

I hope you can give me some easy advise.
I don't want to go to professional "luthier" and pay a "fortune" (also my
model builder spirit says "do it yourself").

I have an old, classical guitar, where the fretboard is made of palisander
and then (why?) painted black (as per attached pic).

What can I use to fix it so the paint doesn't get on my fingers later?
Any specific paint or paint then lacquer?

Perhaps, I will also have to sand the whole paint from the fretboard (or
just sand and don't paint?)

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Marek