Music Complete

Mikael Hansson forums at deadmengods.com
Mon Nov 9 19:48:05 CET 2015

> On 29 sep 2015, at 17:33, Jay Vaughan (ibisum) <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to see them live in November btw :)
>
> We’ll definitely see them again next time they’re in the hood.

Here’s a short writeup of the concert:

First out was the supporting act “Hot Vestry”, some youngsters from Macclesfield. Sort of with the energy of Joy Division but more contemporary :-)

Here’s two pics, guess the parents of the keyboard player :)
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0272.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0272.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0273.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0273.jpg>

When NO came on they set off with Singularity, energy is great!
Second track was Ceremony, a trip 34 years back in time but fits great with the newer stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtAI5Leze4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtAI5Leze4>

They then headed into PC&L territory with Age of Consent and a great version of The Village.

Other mentionable great new live versions include BLT (not the sandwich :) Perfect Kiss, True Faith and Your Silent Face.

The ending track in the standard set, Temptation, was as always great live.

After the regular 3-4 minute cheering, they returned for a 3 track encore, In a lonely place, Love will tear us apart and finally Blue Monday. I actually got 2 out of 3 correct in my guess :-)

I comparison with the 2004 tour, this concert was way better. The crowd, of mostly 40+, was really into it, Bernard was really relaxed and in a great mood, Gillian was there, setlist was great and all tracks we’re great live versions. I wish they’d do a remix album with the new versions :-)

The only thing bringing it down a little was the quite poorly mixed/eq'd vocals.

Here’s some NO pics:
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0291.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0291.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0296.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0296.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0303.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0303.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0311.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0311.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0322.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0322.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0333.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0333.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0337.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0337.jpg>
http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0344.jpg <http://www.deadmengods.com/misc/no2015/IMG_0344.jpg>

/Micke

Setlist, middle tracks are out of order:
Singularity
Ceremony
Age of consent
The Village