hardware FM synths are so cheap.

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Sat May 30 23:15:20 CEST 2015

So I've been mucking around doing goofy synthwave with a friend, and really
enjoying FM8 as a softsynth, so thought I'd look around for a classic
Yamaha.

TX81Z. Rackmount version of the DX11 basically. US $80.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/tx81z.php

There are so many of these around right now, and if you step outside the
constraints of "I must have a DX7", they're incredibly cheap, and the
rackmount boxes like the TX81Z are built like tanks.

I only just picked this up, so I've only really poked at the presets, but
they're amazing value for money.

If I could solder worth a damn I'd probably put one of these together:

http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/