Holy Molies: Korg M1 on iPad

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Sun May 24 22:16:09 CEST 2015

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On May 24, 2015, at 3:47 PM, ibi sum <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> You know what I wish korg would do? Make a balls to the wall digital
> groove box.
> >
> > Yup.  Or, not Korg.  But .. someone.  Korg’s would be amazing of course.
>
> Yea I only say korg because they are one of the few surprising people,
> they are kind of too analog right now. Yamaha, they could do it, and make a
> return without looking like there were coping the analog trend. Plus if
> they made it able to do FM growl sounds they would sell tons. Serious. But
> na they are cool with making boats and stuff.

Have you used the Volca boxes with all the live performance things they're
jamming into them? I like the analog they're doing, as I was never really a
fan of the electribe sound, but I suspect we're going to see them take some
of those lessons in the cheap experimental Volca boxes and do something up
market.

> > I would love a total newcomer to make some waves and rock the mainstays’
> boats.
>
> Or the best of both worlds, like Malekko partnering with Roland for the
> analog euro stuff. You could sort of do it yourself in euro world but
> expensive, and sometimes that shits just a headache.
>

> > Teenage Engineering OP-{*} perhaps?
>
> I think they are too weird and unfocused, they could never do something
> completely serious. Op1 is a bit like what I am talking about but pocket
> version and does have its limits.

Arturia?