Performance mixers

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Sun May 24 02:53:04 CEST 2015

Interesting, indeed. I wonder how they solved the USB noise issues that plague pretty much every device that uses it.

For performance I really like to move more than one volume at a time, thus I prefer the Mackie 1402. Also I like faders to be very long, so that would mean -- hm. I forgot now which mixer had the loonng faders...

But the whole rig has to be portable too. So maybe it will be a 1202 after all...;)

I am currently gigging with my old (almost 20 years now) 1602. It has 6(!) auxes, which is very very awesome for a lot of effects use. Not so totally awesome when we're talking about portable, though.

I've got a delay (moogerfooger), reverb (cathedral), sampler (microgranny), distortion (big muff clone/musikding), phaser (musikding) and a looper (line 6 DL4) in those auxes.

I'm playing without computer, sound sources are my Buchla 200e, a yocto (808 clone), a dr. rhythm, an op-1 and a cacophonatorII (DIY).

This solo setup is a lot of fun but too much gear to carry and setup, so I'm sizing it down step by step.

For my band and project gigs, I only take the Buchla and a delay and a microsynth pedal, plus sampler and op-1.

All the best,
Kai

Sent from my phone