Early documentary about Sampling ..

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Mon May 18 23:44:47 CEST 2015

I've been really enjoying limited sampler boxes lately.

This all started when a friend discovered some older recordings we'd
released and sent them along, and I realized how much stuff I'd gotten done
with an Akai s950 and a ridiculously small sample memory.

I picked up the Volca Sample recently, and it's an awesome little box,
perhaps even more creatively inspiring by how difficult it is to get
samples in and out of it. SO CHEAP!

I'm kind of into enforcing limitations these days, and it's having a
positive effect in terms of getting shit done I like.