Early documentary about Sampling ..

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon May 18 18:35:53 CEST 2015

Hi Kai

NO, the ASRX does not have transwaves.  I have never heard of these before
but they do indeed sound fierce!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_LbN8P1kM

The ASR10 is now on my list :(

> If only I could get a modern storage medium connected (preferably
internally) into either one for a decent price...

If you have SCSI, you are sorted!!!  I just ordered this internal CF
interface for my ASRX:

http://www.artmix.com/wordpress/?p=724

Will only work with 2Gb CFs or below but, that is still pretty good..  Being
SCSI, the load times is super fast compared to the floppy drives.

Unless you have no alternative, definitely avoid non-SCSI interfaces.  I put
a HxC CF drive in my Emulator II and whilst this is the Emulator's best
storage choice, being a "floppy emulator" it emulates everything including
the slow load times (45ish  seconds!).

Let me know if you need a hand finding a CF drive for the ASR and I have
spent loads of time researching this stuff..

Ta,

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk