Early documentary about Sampling ..

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Mon May 18 17:47:19 CEST 2015

On 18.05.2015, at 16:24, foRUMS 4 punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> You into sampling, Jay (and all)?

Yes, absolutely! I don't know if the ASR-X has the same engine as the ASR-10, but the transwave-sampling as Ensoniq calls it, is fierce! it's almost granular and really fun to use (despite the lack of a graphical display).

This and the MPC-2000 have changed me and my music tremendously.

If only I could get a modern storage medium connected (preferably internally) into either one for a decent price...

I guess from where I'm coming from, I should really get an octatrack at some point. But it just feels too much like a computer in disguise...;)

Kai