All these new synths ..

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:11:56 CEST 2015

Funny. There's not so much new stuff I see that is extremely convincing -
at least on paper. I'm glad playfulness comes back as a selling point but
there are also a lot of one-trick ponies, even if they are cheap.

Right now, for me it is only about keeping/getting the ones that have the
character to last and have this little thing that instantly pleases my ear.

I just got a mk1 dark energy because I heard one and fell in love. And will
probably sell my anushri because no matter how interesting its design is,
it fails to grab my attention. Also, very little gear stands my test of
'let's wait 2 month and see if I still want it'.

I think I'm mostly set with monosynths. I would need one polyphonic
workhouse and a drum source - all cheap and outstanding of course - then
I'll be pretty happy with my small rig :)

Funnily enough, my favorite setup right now is a notebook with a launchpad
playing piano notes and chords, trying to figure out harmonies from classic
tracks playing from sporify :)