All these new synths ..

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:47:27 CEST 2015

> Have you seen the Ableton book on making music? It's not a motivational book, but there are so many little things to try that it might help you to find some motivation again, in case you are missing it.

Oh, I haven’t seen it but I’ll keep an eye out.

> If not, then don't flog yourself. Either it will come back or you will discover that something else worthwhile will have taken music's place, which is absolutely fine, too. But we won't change the name to "quad copter bar", though...;-)

Well I’ve been flying happily for a while, and its true that building new flying things has been quite a sink of my creative energy, but I’ll never suggest the music-bar change its name.

Actually, music-bar is the biggest source of inspiration for music-making in my life these days - every time one of you guys posts something, it pushes me a little closer to the machines - if only to put on the studio headphones and have a listen, but also because its wonderful growing up as a musician alongside so many great people.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to dress up and glam out every time a punkdisco track comes out, for example .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com