500 Series

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:27:34 CEST 2015

Sweetwater in the US seems to be blowing these out:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USB500Rack <http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USB500Rack>

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/806022-namm-aphex-usb-500-rack.html <https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/806022-namm-aphex-usb-500-rack.html>

4 slot 500 rack with USB audio interface for cheap. I think this came out roughly in Jan of this year, street at $750, now 299. Got a great review in SOS and people seem to like it from what I’ve read, they reported AD conversion as being standard for the price (not top of the line.) I’m super tempted but am not sure what direction I am going in with this stuff and don’t want to waste funds. I could use this in OS X as an aggregate device with my current interface, but I don’t think the USB would really do anything for me, you can use it as a standard 500 rack but 4 slots is a bit limited for me. I feel weird passing it up, seems like a no brainer so wanted to share. They seem to have a bunch of the Aphex stuff on sale, I have no idea why, people seem to like their stuff.