GAS Alert! Roger Linns' sexy new machine ..

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:23:37 CET 2015

I feel like they are probably making a big deal about it because of his name, also the article is somewhat cringe worthy in certain spots. While I have not tried the Linnstrument, I’m sure it’s very good, I don’t see these things as the future of electronic music. I have a number of alternative keyboard devices, Manta, Eigenharp Pico, Push, Monomes(although not pressure sensitive,) etc… I have come to the conclusion that grids and multiple dimensions of polyphonic pressure are not some magic secret we have been waiting for. They are evolutionary not revolutionary in a parallel path with keyboards, not necessarily a replacement.