Ableton Live - has it lost its mojo?

Marc Sims avarlinqui at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:29:02 CEST 2015

I never really bother with skins as I usually like to just concentrate on sounds when I press the live button but that's such a good skin, really easy on the eye :)

Re the OP, i'm still getting into live, after Jammers suggestion I downloaded a cracked version of 8 a couple of years ago to see if it was any good and within a few hours was creating stuff I liked so when 9 came out i bought the base package and have since upgraded to the whistle and bells version.
Coming from my 6 year hiatus where before I was using sonar and a very difficult to integrate midi setup, Live has been a god send giving me almost the same interface with all the sounds built in.  With the added APC 80c control unit (c stands for carbon ;) ) its everything I need and more, and to make things really cool max has opened a whole new section where I can grab an existing instrument drag it into something like granulator and now I've got a completely different sound and every so often someone comes up with yet another weird max device.

While I haven't played with other recent audio packages I gotta say i'm happy to stick with live and even if it did nothing more would still be glad that I've got a pretty rock solid program that gives me the freedom to experiment and create while sitting with feet up on the sofa and lappy on lap and headphones plugged in.

Only downside is that even running it on a pretty high spec alienware lappy with 4th gen I7 i notice the cpu bar getting a lil high, but i'm sure I can sort that out with a more efficient use of effect units.