Yamaha reface

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:04:12 CEST 2015

> On Jul 8, 2015, at 3:44 PM, moron <moron at industrial.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 21:00 +0200, ibi sum wrote:
>>> Either they know it's bs or they really have no clue.
>
> The DX apparently has four banks of 8 presets.  Maybe it literally is
> made from left over TX81Z parts?

What's funny is one of the guys doing the demo kept making a big deal about the dx7 being able to play 16 notes when it came out, while he was simultaneously introducing a product that does 8 notes. Also while the ability to tweek 4 or so parameters in realtime is kind of a big deal, that touch screen leaves me concerned, it seems a full vertical scroll does not min/max out the parameter, so you see people doing demos, swipe swipe swiping.