Yamaha reface

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:46:12 CEST 2015

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 4:48 AM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
>
> Op 5-7-2015 om 10:42 schreef K9 Kai Niggemann:
>
>> So yamaha is now waking up to the multi-sound engine workstation hype?
>
> Erm...
>
> http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/ex5.php
>
> Although hopefully this time, it won't take the best part of an hour to load 64 MB.

He was kidding, I think they also have a new workstation thingy on the way, Montage or something.

> The colour is nice (at least, the orange one), but three octaves is a bit on the small side.

They are tiny, and mini keys. That ones red, each seem to be a different Yamaha tech, CS, DX, electric piano, organ. I don't quite get it, I mean if you were into all 4, what do you do with 4 mini keyboards... Unless they are really cheap shouldn't they all be in one?

There are more teaser vids on the Yamaha synth site some where you see it in the box.