Hot damn NAMM

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:03:21 CET 2015

On Jan 25, 2015, at 7:34 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <kai at kainiggemann.com> wrote:

> On 26.01.2015, at 00:53, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 25, 2015, at 6:43 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <kai at kainiggemann.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If I wasn't DIY'ing my own 208 and 216 currently, I'd so fall in love with that snoopy…;)
>>
>> Do you think there is enough there to really capture the Buchla sound?
>
> Yes, certainly. A random source is missing, but you have a complex oscillator (261e, the full fledged thing), two low pass gates (and they sounds *really* nice! I have the 292e in my system and there is nothing like that in any other synth or software (I haven't heard a QMMG -- there is one for sale on Muff's currently)

Yea the idea would be to have this as a Buchla brain and then pipe in and out euro stuff, I don’t know quite enough about those connecter modules they have though, seems like it might be limiting in the amount of signals you can bring back and forth. I’m really into this system though, but I have a feeling it’s going to take a looooong time to get out there. Even as it is they seem to keep nothing in stock.