Hot damn NAMM

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:53:46 CET 2015

On Jan 25, 2015, at 6:43 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <kai at kainiggemann.com> wrote:

> If I wasn't DIY'ing my own 208 and 216 currently, I'd so fall in love with that snoopy…;)

Do you think there is enough there to really capture the Buchla sound?

> And there are a number of other Buchla innovations, along the same lines. Essentially they have split up some of the big modules into half and make smaller, more affordable systems.
>
> Hopefully they know how to ramp up their manufacturing, because that has always been a big issue…

People are not optimistic. Apparently getting easels out the door was a debacle, some people were waiting a year…

> If you are into the Buchla sound, but are looing for Euro alternative, a new kid has appeared on the block too. Sputnik Modular is Roman Filipov, the guy behind all those "r" Buchla clones. He essentially did a line of clones of all of Buchla's 200 line (not e).

you know I just saw those the other week, and was like wait is that new? the look is really nice (I’m kinda getting a little tired of the punk rock everything looks different euro thing.) I have been looking at the Verbos stuff too ever since it came out.

> If this Buchla lingo sounds like gibberish to you, please feel free to ask -- it did to me too, at first..;-)

Yea, these “affordable” systems really caught my eye especially with the new compatibility. The sensible thing is to go more West Coast in euro, but there is something about going to the source.