a better SH-101?

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Fri Jan 23 14:49:20 CET 2015

There are LOTS of options.  The question: How much do you want to spend?
Tony
From: nigel at 4trak.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:52:40 -0800
Subject: a better SH-101?
To: music-bar at lists.music-bar.org

I've got an SH-101 from a co-worker on indefinite loan, but I really should buy it or give it back. He's looking for market value on it.
I know the 101 well, had one around in the studio for years, love it, but get frustrated with most of my rig being MIDI and only having CV/gate with no param control.
Lets say I was looking for a more modern equivalent? I have no idea what's out there really after being out of the loop for a long time.
Ideally something close to as good as a monophonic bass synth, but with more control via MIDI.
keyboard optional, but I like knobs.