Hot damn NAMM

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 23:16:25 CET 2015

On Jan 20, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:

> Andrew Tarpinian schreef op 20-1-2015 om 19:31:
>
>> My favorite thing this year has to be the return of ARP, but this is a pretty cool surprise:
>>
>> http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/01/20/waldorf-intros-nw1-wavetable-module-for-eurorack-synthesizers/#more-61239
>
> "Or use the integrated speech synthesizer to translate typed text into wavetables."
>
> Tony's going to love that. :)
>
> I guess I never really "got" wavetable synthesis. I demoed an Ensoniq Fizmo once, and didn't really like any of the sounds, apart from the fact that I truly despised the name. Seriously, that was probably the most important reason why I didn't explore it further.

Yea and you can basically make/record wavetables on the fly :o

I was never a wavetable person either, because yea most presets you heard were cheesy (this is before I learned that presets were the devil.) Now a days all the bad ass sounds are made with wavetable and FM :)

I was looking to pick up one of these http://www.intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/cylonix-shapeshifter/ and/or a Mutable Braids, now this has me thinking, though I’m sure Waldorf will take a while to get it out.