Once you go Mac..

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Feb 26 00:09:52 CET 2015

Tony Scharf schreef op 25-2-2015 om 15:49:
> Apple snuck it's way into my studio.   It started with an iPad I
> bought and then an Apple TV I got as a gift.  Then I got another Apple
> TV and an iPhone.  My wife got an iPhone and a MacBook and now I am
> completing their conquest of my digital life by swapping out the
> studio machine.  I have been amazed at how what I was trying to
> accomplish by building my own linux and windows based infrastructure
> in my home was basically out of the box functionality that required
> zero hours spent tweaking and futzing to make work.    I know some
> people like that, but my tweaking futzing years are long over.  Give
> me something that works.

Buy what you can, build what you must. There's something to be said for
both approaches: there's no way I could have built my CCTV/file server
for the same amount (I'm guessing at least a factor three), and raw
power is far greater, too. I'm willing to invest some time in that.

But if you can buy certain functionality, and if you can afford it,
there's no point in spending countless hours setting something up,
unless you get some sort of satisfaction out of it.

- Peter