Once you go Mac..

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Wed Feb 25 15:49:05 CET 2015

Software won't be an issue.  I mainly run Ableton & Reason.  I don't really have any windows only plugs that I use.  Renoise is also cross platform.  And, yes, I also have reaper.  I haven't used it in a long while, though, since I've been mainly working in hardware and reason just makes a damn fine 'tape deck' with the way its audio tracks work.
And while I am going Mac, I also budgeted in for a copy of Logic.  That will be interesting, as it was always my favorite DAW back when there was a windows version.  My dislike of Apple started when they acquired Emagic and killed it.
Apple snuck it's way into my studio.   It started with an iPad I bought and then an Apple TV I got as a gift.  Then I got another Apple TV and an iPhone.  My wife got an iPhone and a MacBook and now I am completing their conquest of my digital life by swapping out the studio machine.  I have been amazed at how what I was trying to accomplish by building my own linux and windows based infrastructure in my home was basically out of the box functionality that required zero hours spent tweaking and futzing to make work.    I know some people like that, but my tweaking futzing years are long over.  Give me something that works.

Tony