Once you go Mac..

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:08:46 CET 2015

So, actually it wasn't so much the hardware that was the issue.  Although
noisy fans and drives bug the hell out of me, but that can be addressed...

It's really the OS and UI that shines.  I have been around long enough to
work on various platforms, and have to do so even today for work, but for
my personal computing needs, I need something that feels less business-like
:-).

Another example, prior to my Macs, for my teaching gig I was using the
usual Office tools, Word, PPT, etc..but having used Pages and Keynote in
the last six months has been such a  nice change.  Better workflow, less
errors, issues and annoyances,...This is not to say that there aren't any
problems at all, that's the nature of these devices and the complex
software that goes with them, but functionally speaking, things are a lot
smoother going now :-)

btw, on a different note, my MacPro's silent existence is worth EVERY PENNY
that I spent on that thing :-)

Mohsen