Once you go Mac..

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:48:45 CET 2015

I had wrote about my going MacPro a while go, but not in any detail....

So, the best thing that ever happened to my computing needs was to ditch
the PC and get the Mac.  Ableton Live still crashes here and there (have
manage to curtail that a bit with not loading a bunch of default tracks in
my template), and it's not that there are no issues whatsoever with the
platform.  However, it's just that everything feels so LESS KLUNKY than
Windows.  There just seems to be a little bit of thought having gone into
things, and as an end user I *SO* appreciate that.  (I still have the
Windows machine sitting around, and it's mostly used for connecting to work
and misc. items like that).

For the MacPro I ended up going with the 512 G flash drive, bought a couple
of 7-port, AC powered, USB3 hubs, and bought a few 1 TB and  2 TB USB3
drives.  My old Echo Audio Firewire8 didn't like playing with the
Firewire-to-Thunderbolt adapter, and it also seemed time to upgrade, which
had me buy the Focusrite Saffire audio interface.   It was actually a good
thing that the Echo didn't work out, as the Saffire, combined with my
recently acquired Equator speakers, and adding the MacPro to the mix, was
the BEST thing that's happened to my studio in a while :-)

It's been such a nice experience making the switch that there is absolutely
no way that I would ever buy another PC/Windows machine.  And in fact as
soon as I can swing it, I will be looking at another MacPro to add to the
family :-)

Mohsen