Track: 2 Zero 1 5 (RPM)

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Mon Feb 23 22:46:09 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Dennis Jameson <komatos at icloud.com> wrote:

> Nihil is my quintessential KMFDM album. Got into them based on Juke Joint
> Jezebel being on the soundtrack for both the Rumble In The Bronx (Jackie
> Chan) & Mortal Kombat movies. Every song on that album is great, and I
> still play it fairly regularly 20 years later. I also bought Symbols and a
> couple other KMFDM albums that came out afterwards. They (and NIN) were my
> first foray into Industrial music (I'm sure moron and a couple others on
> this list might say they're not "true" industrial, but I digress).

I was *this* close to putting Juke Joint Jezebel on, but somehow felt like
the albums before that were more their quintessential sound. Probably a
reflection on when they first blew my mind in industrial clubs :)

"true" industrial is such a pointless argument given the term gets used to
cover everything from Throbbing Gristle to Front 242 to Skinny Puppy to
Einstürzende Neubauten to Ministry.