RPM done

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 22:05:11 CET 2015

This was a real struggle, but I'm entirely sure why. Turning this from 32
bar chord sequence in to an actual track proved really difficult, it kept
wanting to go classical and cheesy. I tried to make it quite 80s Art of
Noise Moments in Love,  but it fought back. At one point it was
anti-dubstep - a hard, heavy slow 70bpm build leading up to a massive drop
that didn't happen, but that made it something you'd listen to once then
throw away. It ended up as something that doesn't really fit in any genre.

My Mac isn't well, Apple have diagnosed my increasingly regular crashes as
a graphics card fault, and it's going to get a pair of new D300s in the
morning, which is another reason this ended up sounding a bit odd, I was
only able to work for about 20-30 minutes between hard resets.

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's "Quotes", stream at

https://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/lx-nen-quotes

and high-res on the ftp site. I'm really looking forward to hearing
everyone else's tracks - I've tried not to listen until I signed off on
mine, but some popped up in my soundcloud feed already.

- Andy_R