Rebooting the studio

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:48:34 CET 2015

> On 20 Feb 2015, at 16:30, Tony Scharf <entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com> wrote:
>
> I've done this several times.  Be very careful in what you let go, else you will find your self looking to get it back.

Oh I know. But somehow this feels right.

> Generally, any device I am considering selling, I put in storage for a period of time to see if I get the urge to go back to it.  If I don't go looking for 3 months, then I probably never will.

Well, I’m actually quite happy with all my stuff, and I am sure I will miss some of it, but there’s definitely some redundancy. Also, as an example, I probably only use 5% of the Andromeda’s capabilities, so a Prophet 6 simply makes more sense to me. I don’t like menus on synths. My current modular is extremely basic, and for all practical purposes the Kurz 2600R is just a preset box. It’s quite the chore to program. I don’t like menus on synths. Also have a couple of other ones which I like but really haven’t used for anything (MEK, Blofeld). The Jomox is also way underused.

The Pro One I think is similar enough to the Prophet 6 (well, it covers similar ground, I guess), the Voyager must have something in common with the Sub 37, and the Odyssey is being resurrected, so I don’t feel I’m losing anything neither completely nor for forever.

This really feels like a new beginning :-)

Sold the MEK and Monotribe today, so it has started. Wish me luck :-)

If someone is interested in what I’m selling, drop me a line.

Cheers,

	Kim