MIDI hardware sequencers (was: Re: GAS .. LUST ..)

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Wed Aug 26 05:57:11 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Andrew Tarpinian <
andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Nigel Kersten
>

> Yeah, so my desire for a hardware sequencer has come out of feeling too
> limited by Beatstep + Volca Keys,Bass,Sample, and although the Octatrack
> does have some MIDI seq limitations, it feels like the ability to re-sample
> and modify more than makes up for that you know?
>

> The octatrack is great no question, for instance I plan to use mine as a
> master clock and effects processor for my hopefully growing modular set up.
> It's a weird device, sometimes it seems like it's a solution looking for a
> problem, then other times it seems like you are only using one aspect of it
> and feel bad for not using the others.

Yeah, a friend who was also heavily into Reaktor and Max/MSP who has one
said it had a similar feeling to that, a platform that you could just keep
plumbing the depths of and never feel like you've made full use of.

Picking it up this week, so we'll see how it goes.