MIDI hardware sequencers (was: Re: GAS .. LUST ..)

Nigel Kersten nigel at explanatorygap.net
Sun Aug 23 02:22:20 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> How often do you need to import midi to a hardware sequencer!?

Whenever I've owned them in the past, reasonably often? Multi-part MIDI can
be kind of annoying to record rather than import.

I went and spent some time playing with a Beatstep Pro. The firmware update
seems to have fixed most of the glitches, and now I'm seriously considering
it again.

Played with the Octatrack again, which I think is a fantastic machine....