bridge over usb connection

Mikael Hansson forums at deadmengods.com
Sun Aug 9 14:09:46 CEST 2015

…and here’s some info from the manual:

SUITE SOFTWARE COMPONENTS

High performance USB AUDIO DRIVERS for all Overbridge applications, with ASIO, WDM and CoreAudio functionality.

The Overbridge CONTROL PANEL. This application allows you to manage your devices and configure input/ output channels for each device as well as alter the global performance settings.

Dedicated Overbridge PLUGINS. A VST plugin for each Elektron Analog instrument that acts as an audio bridge between your device and your software DAW project. The plugin will bring individual channels of your Overbridge device straight into the DAW, as if the device was a software instrument, without fidgeting with sound card settings or multiple audio cables.

WIDE RANGE OF USES

MULTITRACKING. Record individual tracks from your Overbridge devices - including the Analog Four, regardless of the fact that it lacks individual hardware outputs - straight into your DAW, with a single USB connection.

Use your Overbridge devices as REAL ANALOG PLUGINS in your DAW. Multiple devices can be used at the same time, provided your computer is equipped with multiple dedicated USB ports or you use a high performance MTT USB hub.

CONTROL AND AUTOMATION. Modulate multiple parameters on your Elektron Analog instrument simultaneously and in real time, using software controls and physical controls interchangeably.

SOUND CARD. The audio drivers included in the suite allow you to use your Overbridge device as a high performance and high quality sound card.

So it seems you won’t have to use it as a regular audio device...

/Micke