science fiction from Germany

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Sun Aug 2 18:54:52 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am just in the last pages of reading "Feldevaye", a very big, confusing, dense and intense sci-fi novel by German author Dietmar Dath:

http://www.amazon.com/Feldev%C3%A1ye-Dietmar-Dath/dp/3518465104/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438534053&sr=8-1&keywords=feldevaye (this is a link to the German version -- I know there is an English translation, though!)

I'm not sure if any of you are into sci-fi and even how well it translates into English -- he is almost Joyce-like in his inventions of words (and worlds), concepts and ideas.

It's hard to sum up the story, I think the copy of the book sums it up all wrong. Its subtitle is "novel of the last arts" -- it's about art and how it makes us humans, I think. ;-)

EDIT: trying to find an English version, I believe that it has been translated, but on the publisher's site it says "rights available" -- that would mean it hasn't been released in English... So I guess this mail is only relevant for Gert and Jay for now..;-) -- but on the other hand, I do believe the two of you would enjoy it. It's quite the tome (800+ pages), so bear with it for a while..;)

All the best!
Kai