t-rex-replicator-tape-delay-

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Fri Apr 17 19:32:45 CEST 2015

Paul, have you heard the Re-20? I think it sounds pretty flat and dead, like they wanted to make it obvious that it's a simulation of a tape delay, unfortunately. (It's bit like the line 6 DL4 in that respect (which in turn is a great sound-on-sound looper!))

Good tape delays are hard to come by though and usually clunky. I have a copicat, but I never take it anywhere. Is squeals and what if the tape tears during the show?

But romain is right, this t-rex is *expensive*! Even more than that moogerfooger (not a tape, but sounds really nice I think).

My current favorite delay is eventide's time factor, though. Very flexible, stereo, nice to use live, with all the modern functions and a warm vintage sound.

What are your favorites?

I have a bit of a thing for delays, have a small collection and alternate between them. Most don't stand the test of time, the moog and eventide are beautiful, though.

Still can't believe that I sold my d-two...! One day I'll get a strymon, too...;)

Kai

Sent from my phone