My New Monitors: Equator D8

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 02:20:08 CEST 2014

> On Sep 12, 2014, at 4:31 PM, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:
>>   Interested in seeing that they use a DSP to separate the bands... something that has bugged me always, such a simple circuit for something that should be tuned quite precise.

As a good or a bad thing?

I have a feeling they are doing this to save money in manufacturing. Meaning individual parts don't have to be as precise to keep a consistent sound from speaker to speaker. They just tune each one in software if anything is off.

I certainly don't know that for sure, just my cynical mind :)

What's cool is in their Q range, (some genelec and others do this too) is the dsp auto tunes to your room.