My New Monitors: Equator D8

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri Oct 31 19:06:11 CET 2014

> On 27 Oct 2014, at 00:11, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:
>
> So I caved and got them as well :) bit bigger than I expected though! Have to reorganize my desk space… they don’t fit on my existing wall mounts. D’oh!

Wanna share that I’m amazed at the ‘space’ that these speakers create. I don’t know how to describe it exactly, just that I’m often surprised by how ‘open' everything sounds. I’m not sure if the word is ‘transparent’, it’s just that details pop out much more vividly, especially with stereo sounds.

A nice big impulse reverb sounds just so much more spacious than on my old Tannoys. Of course, they were a bit worn out after more than ten years of use, but still…

Highly recommended :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL