happy birthday peter :)

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Wed Oct 22 21:49:42 CEST 2014

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Yes, the day was nice. My parents-in-law took me out for lunch, and
before that I took my son to view the old railway tunnel in Floriana.
This was built in the early 1880s, and the railway closed less than 50
years later, yet much of the infrastructure is still intact (except the
tracks of course).

Malta has so much ancient history, and relics from the time of the
Knights, that people tend to forget the somewhat more recent history.
That quite a few station buildings, bridges and tunnels still exist is
more good fortune than anything else.

These days, it's a nice day when nothing much happens, and it that sense
it was a good day indeed.

- Peter