Thoughts on NI Komplete 10 combined with the Komplete Kontrol S Keyboard?

Nigel Kersten nigel at 4trak.net
Fri Oct 3 18:28:25 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at upcmail.nl>
wrote:

> Looks like an awesome combination.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWdGnjNBag
>
> I'm thinking of selling some hardware to make some space (and some money
> :-) and then perhaps get Komplete + the new S Keyboard.
>
> Reasons:
>
> 1. First and foremost, because I am very interested in the quick, easy and
> efficient workflow that is promised. Time is tight these days...
>
> 2. I am using less and less hardware (except for sampling, like the
> Anushri, some drum machines, and some specific synths), while I am working
> more and more with my computers and software.
>
> At the moment I only own a couple of very old versions of some NI
> programs, but that's it. I do own Machine, and I will be eligable to do a
> crossgrade, which will make the deal a couple of hundred euros cheaper.
>
> What do you guys think?

Komplete is pretty amazing as a software bundle. I haven't even begun to
plumb the depths of it, and I already knew Battery and FM8 (well 7..)
really well.

I really like the Max/MSP addons too. They're a nice counterpart to the
sometimes-too-glossy-and-perfect NI instruments.

I've been looking at the keyboard pretty closely too, it looks like it
would make the feedback loop way tighter and efficient.