Pro Tools?

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Tue Nov 25 15:14:04 CET 2014

K9 Kai Niggemann schreef op 25-11-2014 14:59:
> Thanks for the info, Michael.
>
> I think what irks me most about Logic is the change to the one-window thing. Ever since, I feel it's a lot less fun and it still feels like I'm working with one arm tied to my back.

I agree completely. And I'm also very much annoyed with the dark
GUI. Is there a way to get another skin?

To be honest, I'm really starting to get fed up with Apple and
other companies changing user interfaces all the time (iTunes,
too, aarrgh, what a terrible piece of software), just because
they can, and because they feel we need something new, new, new
every second day of the month.

I used to love Logic. I've ditched it completely for Ableton
Live, though, which is not perfect either, but at least it
doesn't change around with every update (and please don't tell me
that Ableton is working on a new UI for Live, or I'll be going
back to playing the recorder ;-)

> Reaper is definitely something I'm aware of, I miss Logic's sample editor in Reaper, though.
>
> Old-fashioned seems to be something I consider positive in this respect..;)

Same here. I just don't have the time to get myself acquainted
with new versions of the same thing over and over again.

> Tonight I'll get my iLok and install the demo while reading the SOS article..!;-)

Have fun! And let us know what you think.

Oh, and on topic: I have played with PT years ago, but wasn't
interested because it didn't do anything that Logic didn't
already do for me, plus, as MZ mentioned, I didn't like the fact
that I needed to change all my plug-ins for a new - and way more
expensive - format.

Perhaps that has changed now... I don't know.

Cheers,

--
Gert

gert van santen